How to fix static and popping on stereo volume knobs
Problem: How to fix static and popping on stereo volume knobs
1. A quick squirt of WD-40 works great.
2. Mute channel, turn knob / move fader, unmute and continue with a (hopefully) less crackly thinger.
3. If the contact is extra crusty & old, Radio Shack sells something called TV-Tuner/Control Cleaner & Lubricant which is pretty amazing.
4. Spray some contact cleaner.
5. Get DEOXIT and spray the knobs.
6. Compressed air into the surrounding orifice cleans it out as well.
How To: Fix Static and Popping on Stereo Volume Knobs
Turn the stereo off, then quickly turn the volume knob back and forth for about a minute to get rid of most of the grime that is causing the static. Then turn it back on.
FREE: System Drivers: Is your PC running slow? Speed up your system with the latest System Drivers.
FREE: Clean Registry: Is your PC running slow? Speed up your system with a Clean Registry.
Web Hosting: Are you paying too much for web hosting? Compare prices in long list of Web Hosting providers.
Previous Posts :
- Print 2012 Calendar : 365 Pages (Daily)
- Print 2012 Calendar : Fifty Two Pages (Weekly)
- Print 2012 Calendar : Twelve Pages (Monthly)
- Print 2012 Calendar : Six Pages (Bi-Monthly)
- Print 2012 Calendar : Four Pages (Quarterly)
- Print 2012 Calendar : Three Pages
- Print 2012 Calendar : Two Pages (Semi-Annual)
- Print 2012 Calendar : Single Page (Annual)
- Top 20 Most Well-Read Cities in America by Amazon
- How much coffee is consumed in the USA
Your turn. Add your comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.